I started off by making a muslin of the top. This is a new step to me. I have always worked on the theory that I have so little time to sew that I need to get right into the “proper sewing”. I did a muslin for the Lady Grey coat but that’s it! But this time I made the muslin. I think it fits fine, the interesting thing is that I have never worn a dress with a bra shelf, so It took some time to work out the placement of said shelf!!
|Crouched on the hotel room floor in my Me Made PJs|
I am using a black and white polka dot fabric for the body of the dress and a plain red for the bra part.
Now I am home and just need to sew it!
|Robson Coat slowly taking shape|