Friday, being the last day and casual day at work. I work the Pendrell that I based on Downton Abbey's Lady Mary's garden party dress. I used a cotton with a blue and white stripe. For the front panel I cut the stripes on the horizontal, all other pieces were cut with a vertical stripe. I then used the sleeve ruffle piece (cut on the bias of course) and instead of the other ruffle I inserted a wide piece of lace, tapering in at the edges.
|Unfortunately you can't really see the stripes!|
I also squared off the front neck line and then cut a facing for the neckline instead of the bias strips.
Unfortunately everyone in the household was gone before 7.30am this morning so i was on my own for the photo op!!