Sunday, March 25, 2012

OWOP Days 1 and 2

My pattern for the One Week, One Pattern Challenge is the Sewaholic Pendrell top.



For the first day of OWOP (Saturday), I wore my 1930s inspired Pendrell. I adjusted the neckline to a v-neck and then used the tutorial from Casey's Elegant Musings to draft a scalloped collar. I covered a button to match for the front. Then for the sleeves, I used the sleeve ruffle but did not gather it, I just sewed it on to create a little cap sleeve efffect.



The weather here in Canada, at least in Ontario has been unseasonally warm, and yesterday when I went to wear my little top, the temperatures had plummeted! So a little cardigan was in order!

What did I do in my cute top:

  • Shopping (new iPod docking station to replace the one my sons lost in Mexico!)
  • Brunch with hubby at the Green Bean in downtown Oakville
  • Running room to stock up on gels and energy bars for my run on Sunday (the 30km Around the Bay Road Race)
  • Bake Salty Caramel Chocolate Mini Cups (from my newly acquired Martha Stewart Cupcake Book)




Sunday, day two. After I came home from my race I just wanted to relax. So I wore the little sleeveless Pendrell which I had sewn up in white eyelet cotton and did a scalloped edge at the hem line. Teamed with my comfy yoga pants it was perfect for what I had planned for the afternoon: 
  • Nothing!

Showing the scalloped hem

Daffodils this early in the season!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE your Pendrells! I love how you included sleeves on the 30's version and I just adore the scallops on the last one!!

    ReplyDelete