Thursday, June 13, 2013

Butterick 5882


When I saw this pattern announced on Gerties New Blog For Better Sewing, I knew I had to try it.


The "shelf bust", the boning in the bodice, this had to be the party dress I was looking for!


Of course, being me, I leave it until 2 weeks before the party and I was going to spend a week in Montreal on business! No problem, the first thing I packed was the washed fabric, pattern, pins, scissors etc. I made the muslin and fitted it before I left so that I knew there were no modifications I had to make. I then spent two nights on my hands and knees on a hotel room floor. The floor is never the best place to do cutting out and especially not a hotel room floor.


I cut out, marked and pinned all while hunched over. But it was worth it because when I got home, all I had to do was sew everything together and insert the zip and the boning.


I chose to do an exposed zipper as I like this particular design feature and was looking for an opportunity to try it. (see pic below)


I am pleased with my choice of red for the "shelf bust" and strap. All in all a great pattern and it was a great party dress!!

No comments:

Post a Comment