Saturday, April 28, 2012

Pyjama Party (part two)


Today is exciting. It is the big reveal and we get to see everyone's PJs. Head over to Pyjama Party Goes Live to take a peek!



Sometimes I love to sew something quick and easy and these PJs were certainly that! And to know that there are over one hundred other people around the world sewing at the same time makes taking part in a Sew Along fun!

As mentioned in a previous blog post, my nighttime wear often leaves a lot to be desired!

Before
But look at me now……….

After


It is entirely coincidental that I felt the need to buy new bed linen at the same time as doing this Sew Along!! I was sick of the dull colours we have had for a while and wanted something light and airy for spring and summer.

What book am I reading? Well I am reading “New York” by Edward Rutherford, a sweeping history of New York City from the 1600s through until 9/11 and beyond (I think). We had our first trip to New York City last year and I fell in love with it. I will go back there in a heartbeat, the vibe and energy is just unbelievable.  It’s not like I live in a little village, I live just outside of Toronto. But there is just something about New York. So this is interesting to read how the people and history have shaped New York into what it is today.

But I have a bad habit of having more than one book on the go at once, and having an e-reader (I have a Kobo) is enabling my bad habit! I am also reading Ecoholic Body, by Toronto journalist Adria Vasil. It is eye opening seeing what we are putting on and in our bodies. I have just started this book and it is making me seriously re-think my beauty routines! I am certainly not going to be eschewing deodorant and make-up anytime soon but will look at healthier alternatives to my usual brands!

You can just see the little drawstring tie at the front
And for those of you who noticed in the above pics, the two books on my bed side table, they are from my Book Club, "The Art of Racing in the Rain" by Garth Stein and "Half Broke Horses" by Jeanette Walls. We don't all read the same book in my Book Club, it's more of a "let's- get-together-and-chat-and-have-a-glass-of-wine-and-oh-by-the-way-let's read-some- books-Book Club.

28 comments:

  1. Thats lovely pjs and new bed cover. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have been needing new bed linen for ages so it was perfect timing!!

      Delete
  2. I haven't read New York, yet, but I have it. Don't you just love Edward Rutherford? I have read most of his and just love how he makes reading history incredibly entertaining. I, too always have more than one book on the go. Your new jammies and bedding look very nice and bright together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only other one I have read of his was Sarum which I thoroughly enjoyed. New York is great, I am up to 1871 as of this morning!

      Thanks and I am enjoying the new jammies, beats wearing way to baggy track pants!

      Delete
  3. Ah, such lovely gingham pj's! Can one ever get enough of it? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love gingham! I have made several items in gingham and many more to go!

      Delete
  4. Love your PJ's and bed cover really nice colour combination

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your gingham pjs and the new bedlinen. Come to think of it, I am due for new bedlinen too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Couldn't have new Jammie's and old bed linen!!

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous PJs - I love the check and the colour! Makes me feel all summery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those PJs are fabulously fresh & bright - they look great (& how lovely to have something new to wear in new bedlinen!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Now I want to make more, I love quick and simple things to sew. Plus a little gingham top to match this pair!

      Delete
  8. Purple gingham PJs! I love that, and I must say that bedlinen is very very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I love gingham. It always looks so clean and fresh!

      Delete
  9. Love the fabric and I also really love your duvet cover & sheets! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I had been meaning to buy new linen for over a year now. I was sick of the dull green/brown we have had for a while. No time like the present!!

      Delete
  10. Purple gingham--a total weakness of mine (as I'm currently searching for some for another sewing project)! These are adorable--and I LOVE the new bedding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I love gingham and the purple reminded me of my very first sewing project many years ago, a little skirt! I was about 9 at the time!

      Delete
  11. Nice gingham pyjamas there, extra points for the drawstring. Love your bedding btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Would love to spend all day like that. Curled up with a book!!

      Delete
  12. Love the pj's and the new linens. You do look ready for summer in the after shot.
    My husband felt much the same about New Orleans as you do about NYC. Now when we do the "what if we one LottoMax" game, a place in New Orleans is on the wish list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Would also love to go to New Orleans. So many places so little time (and money!!)

      Delete
  13. Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog! Very nice PJs - I like the purple gingham and the new bed linen is fab too! It's been so fun seeing all these pyjamas all over the world!
    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had such fun over the weekend looking at all the PJs, getting lots of ideas, and adding tons of books to my reading list!

      Delete
  14. Hi Debbie,
    I really like the colour gingham you used. Sooo pretty.
    Also a fan of your new bed cover. So refreshing.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for your kind comments. Would love to stay on the bed all day!!

    ReplyDelete