Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Pyjama Party

On whim I signed up last week to the Pyjama Party Sew Along on the Did You Make That Blog. I have to admit that much of my night wear consists of old running tee shirts and and baggy track pants often borrowed from one of my sons. Not the best look!

I thought I might have an old pattern in my stash, but then ended up going straight to the simplicity website and downloading a free pattern. Not something I will do often, I did not enjoy sticking all the pieces together. But it was free.........







As to the fabric, there was nothing in my stash so I popped into Fabricland one lunchtime and bought some mauve gingham. It was a sentimental choice as many, many years ago, one of my first sewing projects (for me rather than my dolls!) was a little mauve gingham skirt made at school in England. I must have been about 9 or 10 at the time and wore that skirt until it fell apart.



It was very quick to stitch up, all I have left to do it the hem. We can all start posting our creations on April 28 (Saturday) along with letting everyone know what book (or in my case, books) we are reading.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone's creations as well as seeing what books people are reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment