Thursday, July 11, 2013

Scout Woven Tee




I finished my  Grainline Studio Scout Woven Tee last night and it turned out better than anticipated. Once I had cut it out, I had visions of it turning out to look like hospital scrubs. Thank goodness I was very pleasantly surprised!


I used fabric from my stash that was used first as the lining in my Sewaholic Minorou jacket (blogger about here). Totally unlike fabric that I normally go for! It is a medium weight cotton fabric and I was a little concerned that it might be too heavy for this pattern, but it still has a little drape to it.


This was the ultimate quick and easy make.  I did it over a few evenings but probably in total it was just over 2 hours of work (including taping together the printed pattern pieces).

Close up of the fabric and drape!
I will definitely be making more of these. The ideal pick-me-up when you need to cheer yourself up with a quick and easy make!

6 comments:

  1. Oh I love it. The fabric is beautiful. I've got the archer pattern from Grainline. I may have to buy this one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! An Archer shirt is on my to-do list! So much to sew, so little time!!!!

      Delete
  2. Very nice! I made a top recently, a tunic, where I had the same fear of it turning into hospital scrubs. And...it did! Lol. Yours definitely does not look like scrubs, it's very feminine and swingy, I really like it. (Here is the link to my scrubs that I tried and tried to save from scrub-dom, but, alas, could not: http://gjeometry.com/2013/05/11/if-jerry-garcia-were-a-surgeon/

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Love the post about your tunic. I thought it was lovely and I especially liked the pockets.

      Delete
  3. It's nothing like the theatre scrubs I used to wear in a past life - it's a lovely top Debbie - it's nice to have something quick and simple to make up sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is nice to have something quick and easy to get you back in the mood to sew!

      Delete