Friday, November 16, 2012

Cowl Neck Scarf




I finished my cowl neck scarf the other day

It was actually a nice quick knit. If you are on Ravely, it is a free pattern. A Burberry inspired cowl neck scarf (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/burberry-inspired-cowl-neck-scarf).



I used the wool that I procured in Ireland in summer. I didn’t actually buy it, I asked my Aunt to but some for me as I didn’t want to give up a round of golf to go shopping at the local market!! She choose a beautiful teal color. (Thanks Trudy!)


I learnt two new techniques with this knit. The start calls for provisional casting on and at the end you use a Kitchener stitch to sew the first and last row together. It makes a lovely clean join at the end, ideal for a cowl like this.



Luckily for me the weather has cooled down in my part of the world, and I will be starting to wear scarves again any day now!



Now I need to get going with my Owl Sweater, I am at the boring part, just knitting. Looking forward to starting to make the owls!

No comments:

Post a Comment