Sunday, January 22, 2012

Knotty Gloves





I have finished the gloves and although I love them and am sure I will wear them often, I don't think I will make gloves (or try socks) again in a hurry.









Why you might ask, were they that difficult? No, but I got all excited trying a new pattern and making a glove. Then when you are finished you have to do exactly the same thing again for the other hand (or foot if making socks!!). 


I used a sock weight wool (see below).




I finished the first glove in about two weeks (after trying the pattern section twice and then unpicking and making them plain!!). It has then taken me another 6 weeks to finish the second glove. Luckily where I live it has taken winter a long time to get here!!






But jokes aside, I do like them. I made the long length to wear with my Lady Grey Coat (still to be completed). I used the "Knotty"pattern, a free pattern on Ravelry, and as I mentioned, I tried the pattern, but got confused. Also the wool I chose was variegated and the colour changes were making it difficult to see the pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment