Tuesday, January 17, 2012

2012 is going to be a good year

Oh my goodness, it's 2012 already. Where did 2011 go to?



The year  got off to a good start as we saw the New Year in on the Mayan Riviera. It was the last night of a wonderful week long vacation in Mexico with friends.

I started this blog last year and it did help me to become more focused in my sewing. I did not get to all the things I had on my original list, but did many others.




So what is in store for this year? Well I first need to finish off  a few UFOs. My Lady Grey Coat, Cape, gloves and undies, all in various stages of completion.

Then the Minoru jacket sew along..............

The floral fabric is the lining, the main fabric is an olive green heavy cotton (it looks brown in this pic!). The red is a silky lining for the sleeves.


..........and the Sew Colette Sew Along (the Colette book was a little "to me, from me" early Christmas present). First up the meringue skirt.

The fabric for my Meringue skirt is a brown linen type fabric from my stash.


Then I decided I needed a dress for my company's annual function which is on February 4th.

Chocolate brown crepe backed satin

And last year when Peter at Male Pattern Boldness did a Boxers Sew Along, I purchased the pattern and fabric for the three males in my family, and never got any further!!!



And if that's not enough to get on with, I received an e-mail from Sewaholic advertising their new pattern. Casual tops. And I know from the me-made challenges, I am short of self stitched casual tops.

So that should keep me going for a while!!

No comments:

Post a Comment