Thursday, July 31, 2014

The Yaletown Dress


I was lucky enough to be chosen as a tester for Sewaholics newest pattern. The Yaletown dress and blouse.

The Yaletown is a loose fit dress or blouse with short sleeves. It is designed for soft drapey fabrics.


As with all Sewaholic patterns, this one had very detailed and easy to follow instructions.


I had great fun making this, I am not sure what the actual fabric is. It was some left over piece I found on sale at Fabricland a while ago, and when I saw this pattern, knew it would be ideal.


The pattern features a mock wrap top and pockets in the skirt. I love pockets! (I also love how it was moving in the breeze in this photo)



This is a very easy wearing dress, and I am also going to try the top as well as I can see that being a very useful addition to my wardrobe.



As with all Sewaholic patterns, this one is named for an area in the Vancouver region. I Googled it and apparently Yaletown has been revitalized over the years and is now one of Vancouver's hippest neighbourhoods. I am adding to my list of places to visits when I am in Vancouver at the end of August!


When these photos were taken it was spring and that is blossom on the ground behind me not snow! Although with the late start we had to spring in Southern Ontario, you would be forgiven for thinking it was snow!!



5 comments:

  1. Debbie, that is gorgeous! I haven't seen a Yaletown yet in such a drapy fabric, and it works really well. Great colour on you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gillian. It is a really great pattern to sew up,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yours is the nicest version I;ve seen yet. Great fabric and great colour on you. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You haven't posted in a while, Debbie. I hope you are just busy enjoying life and sewing - and too busy to blog right now.

      Delete
    2. Hi there. Just accessed my blog for the first time in ages. I lost my interest and motivation to sew for a while. Started again a few weeks ago, then battles with camera and computer. Looks like all is good again and I will start to post again. Thanks for checking in.

      Delete