Thursday, May 8, 2014

McCalls M6801 - Dress




I bought this pattern last year when McCalls had one of their big sales. I actualy bought several patterns and forgot about this one.

When I was reading the April/May issue of Threads magazine a few weeks ago I saw the pattern had been reviewed and it reminded me of my purchase.


 I used a very thin knit. In hindsight probably too thin, but I did line it so it is not too see through!


It was all done except for the hems, and I put off doing those as they can easily stretch and ruin the look of a garment. Luckily I bought The Colette Guide to Sewing Knits the other day (wonderful book) and used a suggested technique of  a twin needle (after ironing a strip of interfacing tape on to stabilize). Even if I say so myself the hems look very professional!


I am happy with my new dress!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this post, I'm about to start sewing this dress myself; the first time I've used a stretch fabric, I'll take your advice when sewing the hems.

    ReplyDelete