Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Thurlow Trousers




I finished the Sewaholic Thurlow trousers the other day. An item for FESA.

However, I am not sure if this is a pattern for me.  I have made trousers before, I have made two pairs of Jalie jeans, both with stretch denim which is very forgiving.  I used blue twill from my stash for these, so not sure if I have got the fit quite right or whether the twill is too heavy a fabric for these trousers. Something is just not right!

I also think that at my height (or lack thereof!) I should stick to straight leg trousers for a more flattering look.

But I have to say that this was another great Sewaholic pattern to sew. Clear and precise instructions.




I love the individual features such as the welt back pockets ( a first for me) and the nice front pockets. I lined the waistband and did the pockets with a lovely blue floral fabric that I have had in my stash for years



So all in all if nothing else, this was a great wearable muslin and I will actually be worn! 



No comments:

Post a Comment