Thursday, June 21, 2012

Check This Out!


I love Gingham!!!


Last night I cut  out my  Sewaholic Cambie dress at long last. I had a navy and white check cotton with a slight stretch in my stash that I think would look good as View A.

As I was cutting out, I was reminded of some of my other gingham creations.


We have here the Colette Violet Blouse, with a Black and white check cotton fabric.



Leftovers from that feature in this Amy Butler Hobo bag that I made last summer.





Then we have my favourite dress, the Vogue (Divine Details) V8353. I have only worn this twice, once to a High Tea at work, celebrating the Royal Wedding last year and then a few months later to my younger son’s graduation. I should try it for work, with lower heel shoes (and sans hat!!).



Then we have the ill fated (i.e. never finished) cape. I had bought a large amount of this fabric from value village, then when I saw the Tilley and the Buttons, Picnic Skirt tutorial, it got me thinking. This fabric is either going to grow up to be a picnic skirt or as another cape, the  New York Cape from Tessuti. What do you think?

And of course they are all back (or navy) and white.



Then we have the Colette Negroni shirt I sewed for my younger son, not black and white, and not my choice, but his, but again we have check fabric!



And not forgetting my Pyjamas!

I think it’s time I changed things up a bit, maybe polka dots can be my new “thing”.  I am actually wearing a black and white polka dot skirt as I type this, not self made though!! Or maybe stripes……..

Do you find that you keep going for similar fabrics?

No comments:

Post a Comment