Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sew-Along Updates

It has been a busy week, but I am up to date with the sew-alongs.For the Pendrell blouse, I cut out two blouses, view A and view B. I had purchased the material last year and only had a metre of each. Luckily after carefully measuring I was able to cut 2 inches off the bottom of the blouse pattern and I fitted everything in by cutting on a single layer.

For the crepe dress I had ordered some silk organza from Dharma Trading Compny as I wanted to try the neck edge stabilizing as suggested by Gertie on her blog. So that arrived and I was able to get that done. Darts stitched and we are now ready for the next step.

But now I have to quickly make an evening dress. I had seen a vogue pattern in the latest vogue magazine. Vogue 1208, an easy bias cut dress. I purchased silver/grey soft crepe backed satin and then a fun patterned silky material for the lining. The function is on Februay 5th, so should have time!

I did order the Negroni shirt pattern for the shirt sew-a-long. Originally the shirt was going to be for my husband, but one of my sons wants one, with one addition, a hood attached. I think that is doable!

No comments:

Post a Comment